Phishing scams have a long history of spreading malware, stealing information, and swindling people out of money.
How to Spot Phishing Attacks:
- Are you familiar with the sender?
- Does the message contain poor grammar or misspelled words?
- Are there any suspicious links or unexpected attachments?
- Does the message offer unrealistic promises, like large sums of money?
- Does it plead with you to click on a link, download something, or send personal information?
- Does it threaten you by saying an account has been hacked or that you face legal action?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you’ve identified one or several red flags that the email is a scam.