Eder Casella Technology is looking for a qualified intern to join our Help Desk team assisting with end users with problems. Opportunities may also arise in infrastructure and application support areas of IT.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of computer hardware and networking. As an ECT intern you will be a vital part of our clients’ service team and have the opportunity to be guided by the ECT team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the setup of new desktop computers and laptops
- Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of desktop computers and laptops
- Assist in the setup of new servers, both physical and virtual
- Assist in the troubleshooting and repair of servers, both physical and virtual
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedure
- Basic computer hardware knowledge
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Basic networking knowledge
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Office products
ECT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ECT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: McHenry, IL
Hours per week: 20-29
Internship Compensation: Pay
Benefit Conditions: Only full-time employees eligible
Work Remotely: No